Looking for new ways to improve your sex performance and keep your partner happy? Your blood pressure and circulatory system are an important part of sexual performance, so as a start, make sure these things are working to the best of their ability. Whatever is good for your heart, is also good for your sexual health. As well as your heart, here are 9 other ways you can help to improve your sexual performance:
1. Stay Active
By doing just 30 minutes a day of exercise, you can help to boost your libido and increase your cardiovascular health. Regular exercise will keep your heart in shape and therefore will improve your sexual performance.
2. Try incorporating these fruit and vegetables into your diet
These fruit and vegetables help to increase blood flow and therefore by increasing your intake will help to boost your libido:
- Onions and garlic- help to increase blood circulation, however, make sure to have some mints on hand as they do not do anything good for your breath!
- Bananas- help to lower blood pressure due to being potassium-rich. Lowering blood pressure can benefit your sexual parts and therefore boost your sexual performance
- Chillies and peppers- spicy foods help your blood flow by reducing hypertension and inflammation
3. Try incorporating these foods into your diet
In general, eating foods that assist good blood flow will benefit your sexual health. Some examples of these foods are:
- Salmon, tuna, avocados and olive oil which all contain omega-3 acids. This type of fat increases blood flow
- Pork, peanuts and kidney beans which all contain vitamin B-1. This vitamin helps the signals in your nervous system to move quicker meaning that you will respond quicker to sexual situations
- Eggs as they are high in other B vitamins. Eggs help to balance out hormone levels and decrease stress. Reducing stress is important to sexual performance as mentioned in the next point
4. Reduce Stress
Stress leads to an increase in your blood pressure which will affect your libido and sexual desires. It will also affect the chances of you getting an erection or reaching an orgasm. This is not ideal for you or your partner. By talking to your partner about your stresses at the end of a day, it can help to calm you down and improve your relationship. If stress continues for a long period, this can lead to bad habits such as smoking or excessive alcohol consumption which will also have negative effects on your sex life.
5. Get rid of bad habits
Many studies have proven that consumption of red wine can be good for your health and improve your circulation when taken in moderation. However, if too much alcohol is consumed this can have adverse effects on the body. Smoking or consuming excess amounts of alcohol can narrow blood vessels and decrease blood circulation leading to a decrease in sexual performance.
6. Expose yourself to more sun
Exposing yourself to more sun stops the body from producing melatonin. When the body produces melatonin, it can quiet sexual urges so the less melatonin it produces, the more sex drive you are going to have. Especially in the winter months, it is important to get outside when you can.
7. Masturbation improves longevity
Masturbation can help improve your longevity with your partner in bed. When you are alone, you need to make it last just like you want it to when you’re with your partner. This trains the body into lasting longer. If masturbation is rushed, then it will have the same affect when you’re with your partner.
8. Pay attention to your partner
Paying attention to your partner will not only help you but will help to make the experience more pleasurable for your partner. Talking about what you want beforehand and alternating positions so you both are equally involved can help to slow down the process and make it more enjoyable for both of you.
9. Talk to your doctor
If the factors mentioned above don’t work for you then you may be suffering erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease or other diagnosed disorders that may require medical treatment. Don’t be afraid to visit your doctor as they will help to provide you with treatment and advice on how you can improve your sexual performance. You can also try supplements such as Horny Goat Weed to help boost your libido.
- Healthline 2017, viewed on 8 June, http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/male-sexual-performance
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2015, May 27). Erectile dysfunction: Lifestyle and home remedies. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/erectile-dysfunction/basics/lifestyle-home-remedies/con-20034244
- Sexual Health Team. (2013, August 9). Men over 50: 7 ways to improve your sex life. Retrieved from https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/08/men-over-50-7-ways-to-improve-your-sex-life/
- Spaak, J., Merlocco, A. C., Soleas, G. J., Tomlinson, G., Morris, B. L., Picton, P. … Floras, J. S. (2008, February). Dose-related effects of red wine and alcohol on hemodynamics, sympathetic nerve activity, and arterial diameter. American Journal of Physiology, 294(2), H605-H612. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18055508